Gardenia is often known as a beautiful flower and has a sweet, extremely fragrant scent. Gardenia is not only an ornamental plant, it is also used to treat diseases very effectively.
1. Identify gardenia
Gardenia (Gardenia jasminoides Ellis), the coffee family (Rubiaceae). Gardenia can be up to 1-2m high, brown branches, smooth, simple leaves, opposite, or round 3. Flowers are large, white, or ivory white, growing singly at the tips of branches. The fruit is ovate, 5-7cm long, with an existing calyx at the top, and a convex winged edge, yellow when ripe. The seeds are flat, slightly round, with yellow or red rice on the outside. Is a plant that grows wild, or is grown as an ornamental and for medicinal materials.
2. The benefit of gardenia in healing
Almost all parts of gardenia are used in traditional medicine as medicine. Twigs and leaves, chopped and dried, when using, stir-fry. The fruit is almost ripe, harvested and dried; Or bring the cooked food and then dry it. Then separate the pods and seeds. Gardenia seeds can be processed by stir-frying depending on the requirements of the treatment. Gardenia flowers can be used fresh or dried.
Gardenia leaves contain cerbinal iridoid, the rind contains ursolic acid. Seeds contain iridoidglycoside compounds: gardoside, shanzhiside, geniposide… organic acids, pigments α – crosin, α – crocetin… Flowers contain steroids and essential oils.
Gardenia fruit has a beneficial effect on bile, the decoction is stronger. There are also antihypertensive effects, synergistic effects with hexobarbital sleeping pills, prolonging the sleep of white mice. The aqueous extract has a pain-relieving effect. The component genipin, the hydrolysis product of iridoidgenpinoside, inhibits the secretion of gastric juice.
According to traditional medicine, gardenia has the effect of clearing heat, reducing fire, only blood, used to treat high fever, mind troubles, hepatitis, jaundice, red urine, blood in urine, vomiting blood, nosebleeds, eyes red, painful swelling.
3. Some commonly used diseases for:
- Treatment of eye pain, eye pain, red and swollen eyes: the leaves of the gardenia pine needles are washed, crushed, collected, and placed on a piece of paper or a clean gauze cloth and applied to the back of the eye. When the patch feels hot, put it upside down, do it several times. Apply 1-2 pieces of medicine a day.
- Treatment of jaundice: twigs and leaves spend decoction of drinking water, 30-50g daily, divided into 2 times, before meals. Or use 12g gardenia seeds, 30g bare kernels, 8g little roots. Boil, drink, a day, divided 2-3 times, before meals.
- Treatment of high fever: spend 20 – 30g pods, drink well; Or use 5-7 fresh fruits, sliced horizontally, combined with 20g of soy protein, excellent drink, a day.
- Treatment of coughing up blood, vomiting blood, nosebleeds: Gardenia stir-fry) 9g, flowers (stir-fry) 12g, sand can 12g sharp drink, one day a day, before meals.
- Treatment of blood in urine: fresh gardenia, sliced horizontally, 30 – 50g, drinking water, or chi, wood pine, far from money, sea animals, talc, ticks, 12g each, rhubarb 8g, licorice 6g. Boil, drink, a day, before meals.
- Treatment of colds and flu: gardenia root, white coriander root, each 30g, chrysanthemum 9g, honeysuckle root, post-branch root, 15g each. Boil and drink 1 dose of medicine.