False ginseng is one of the herbs commonly used to treat many different diseases, from simple to complex. So what are the common health effects of the False ginseng?
1. What is False ginseng?
False ginseng is a small grass, belonging to the family of five family, long-lived. It is a herbaceous plant that prefers shady and cool places, often growing in mountainous areas from 1,500m high.
In the plant, the root is the part used to make the most medicine. The roots are usually brought back to be washed, dried or dried, then classified into tuberous roots, branch roots, and rhizomes.
According to chemistry, the roots of the plant contain many groups of chemical components, such as saponins (4.42–12%), ginsenosides such as Rb1, Rb2, Rb3 Rc, Rd, Re, Rg1, Rg2-Rh1 and glucoginsenosides. .
In the roots of the plant, there are essential oils (including α-guaien, β-guaien and octadecan). In addition, it also contains flavonoids, phytosterols (β-sitosterol, stigmasterol, daucosterol), polysaccharides (arabinogalactan: sanchinan A), inorganic salts. There are amino acids and elements such as Fe, Ca and especially two saponins, arasaponin A, arasaponin B…
According to traditional Eastern medicine, False ginseng is sweet, slightly bitter, warm, so it is very effective to stop bleeding, relieve pain, reduce swelling, dizziness symptoms after giving birth, …
2. What is the effect of drinking False ginseng?
2.1 In modern medicine
According to modern medicine, taking False ginseng brings great effects such as:
- Increase health to keep the body healthy
- The fluid in the roots, stems, and leaves of the False ginseng helps to stop bleeding and relieve pain
- Stasis bleeding occurs due to trauma, impact causing bruising in the software
- Peripheral vasodilation without affecting blood pressure and central nervous system
- Regulates the immune system, stimulates lymphocyte transformation to a mild degree
- In the oil of the roots of False ginseng has the effect of causing nervous excitement, thereby helping to stimulate the mind, improve memory, fight stress, stress.
- Increase coronary blood flow, protect myocardium, avoid myocardial ischemia, arrhythmia
- Avoid lowering blood pressure, protect liver cells, lower blood fat
- Antioxidants help slow down the aging process
- Panacrin has the effect of limiting the metastasis of cancer cells
- Helps fight bacteria and viruses
- Treatment for people who often sweat and work too hard.
2.2 In oriental medicine
In Oriental medicine, the properties of the False ginseng have the following effects:
- Stop bleeding, relieve pain
- To treat diseases such as vomiting blood, coughing up blood, nosebleeds, bleeding in the eyes, ears…
- Bloody stools, dysentery with bloody stools
- Bleeding, heavy bleeding, menorrhagia, dizziness in women after childbirth
- Helps push the secretions, sweat can’t get out in women
- Distention or abdominal pain
- Hematoma or hemorrhage due to dislocation, pain due to inflammation, swelling…
3. The most popular way to process False ginseng today
According to traditional medicine, False ginseng herb has many ways of preparation. Each processing method will have different uses. Normally, False ginseng are prepared in 3 forms:
- Direct use: Wash the roots of the plant, pound it and apply it to the injured area.
- Use raw: Wash the roots, then dry or dry. Can be sliced or ground into powder. This method is often used to treat conditions such as bleeding, injuries such as fresh blood in the stool, angina due to coronary insufficiency or myocardial infarction, liver disease, …
- Use ripe: There are 2 ways to prepare
- Method 1: Wash the roots, leaves and stems of the sage, incubate the wine until soft, then slice thinly, put it through a hot pan, and grind it into powder.
- Method 2: Wash, thinly slice the fenugreek and then fry it with vegetable oil until the roots turn pale yellow and then grind it into a powder.
This method is often used for the purpose of nourishing people with weakness, poor blood and gas. The usual dose of False ginseng, every day, take water to drink from 5 to 10g, drink powder from 1.5 to 3.5g, external use regardless of dosage.
4. Note when using False ginseng
People whose body temperature is higher than normal, if using fenugreek for a long time, may be sensitive, causing acne, allergies, itching, …
For children, caution should be exercised when giving tampons. Because the composition of ventricular septum may cause interactions with some drugs and functional foods being used, so it is advisable to consult a doctor before intending to use ventricles for all ages.
Although the False ginseng bring a lot of health benefits, we should not arbitrarily use them. Improper use and dosage can cause certain health effects.